LiveCalled…What does it mean?

 

LiveCalled…What does it mean?

So what does LiveCalled mean and where does it come from? Well, if you are privileged enough to have my WhatsApp number 😀 then you would be familiar with my status that I have not changed for years. I have had the same status since I opened my WhatsApp account several years ago. It simply says, ‘Live Called’.

To be honest with you, I cannot remember who to even give credit to for this status, it possibly was a random post which popped up somewhere on one of my social media feeds. I was certainly drawn to these words, and kept them close to my heart, firmly cementing it as my go-to status. 

When I researched ‘Live Called’ I found that the bible speaks about it in the book of Ephesians, As a prisoner of the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.' Ephesians 4:1 (NIV)


Paul, wrote this portion of scripture whilst in prison. He reminds us that the life we lead, must be shown worthy of the call God has given us. Our Life and Call, works hand in hand. Your call to serve God and the kind of life you live should mirror each other. I truly believe this; You cannot be in the service of the Lord and live an unworthy life at the same time. These two things rely heavily on each other.  

But… I do feel that sometimes it’s very easy to forget about this... life is incredibly distracting. We can easily get wrapped up and become unfocussed by the trial’s life brings our way. This is especially true when we have our plans set in place and suddenly, we are thrown off-track because those plans didn’t pan out the way we expected them to. Questions of ’Where are you God?’ and ‘Why me?’ and ‘What have I done to deserve this?’ flood your mind. The next thing you know, your life and call are contradicting each other. Maybe through bad decisions, your short temper or even your hasty actions, whatever it is, do not allow this to change your heart and life. More importantly, don’t allow it to make you lose sight of your calling.

This is the reason I have never let go of these two words. I keep it close to my heart to remind myself that I am called, to remind myself that I am part of something greater, to remind myself that I am loved, and that I am set apart. Personally, I learnt this through some tough life lessons. You know, those times when life throws you those curve balls? When you go totally off the rails and make some bad decisions… ‘Live Called’ is there to remind me, at these kinda times, to never again lose sight of what God has called me to do.

The Bible also says in Matthew 22:14 (KJV) ‘For many are called but few are chosen’

believe that people who understand what it is to ‘LiveCalled’ and practice it diligently are the ones who are set apart from the many who are called but not chosen. (Read that again if you must.) I don’t know about you, but man, o man do I want to be chosen…I want to be set apart… I want to live a life which is pleasing to the Lord…  I want God to one day say to me ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant.’

So, to all who wonder if I ever will change my status, thank you very much, but I think I will be holding on dearly to it even in the years to come. (I think one day when WhatsApp is long gone or progressed into some other popular platform, I will still have the same status floating around somewhere up in the cloud…)  But in the meantime, WhatsApp will continue reminding me to ‘LiveCalled’ because when my time comes…. I will be confident that I will be chosen because I ‘LiveCalled’


All my Love...

Comments

Popular Posts

About Me

Becoming Me

Just call me Friend!